Friday, April 13, 2012

Read with me-Day 1 Jeremiah

Would you read the bible with me?  I would enjoy it if you would.

Every day (or two) we'll both read a chapter from the book of Jeremiah.  I'll post my thoughts, and maybe you'll share yours.

So let's begin

Jeremiah 1
So I started reading chapter 1 and the first thing that jumped out at me was a complaint from Jeremiah.  "I'm to young to talk to these people!" he whines.  Then we get an answer from God:


Then the LORD put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the LORD said to me,
“Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.
See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms,
to pluck up and to break down,
to destroy and to overthrow,
to build and to plant.”
And the word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see an almond branch.” Then the LORD said to me, “You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it.”

Jeremiah 1:9-12 ESV

God puts His words into Jeremiah's mouth.  There is no power given, no promise of spectacular oratory, just the words of the message.  These words would do the work, and God would make sure of that.  His only job was to speak them.

Do you worry about what to say?  What people will think?  Will it do any good anyway?
Stop!  Those aren't you're worries.  God will watch over those things.  He will give you the words to speak. He will make them work.


That is what I saw.  What did you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment